My Community
May 16, 2024, 07:32:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Todays Update  (Read 3209 times)
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« on: November 16, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »

Due to some technical problems ther may not be an update today, we are aware of the issue and are working on it.  If we are not able to ressolve it today, it will be posted first thing 2morrow morning.  Thanks for understanding!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:42:21 AM by Igorz88 » Logged
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:00:54 AM »

Updates are posted.Please enjoy and thank you for your understanding.
robik21
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:33:40 AM »

Goon, how come there is such a big difference between the yahoo stat tracker and your official point total on this site?
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:13:18 AM »

Rob, explain please. Our stats are from CDM directly. Do you notice any issues with your team. If you did please let me know.
Yahoo stat-tracker does not optimize rosters, so i am not sure what you are referring to.
robik21
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:07:53 PM »

I meant that in Yahoo you are in Seventh place when in reality you are in 1st.  It helps if teams are updating their yahoo rosters so that those who purchased the stat tracker can have something that is semi-accurate.

I understand that there will always be a difference between the sites, but lets try and keep it pretty close.
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

I can understand your frustration, however it is up to each manager to try to balance their roster on yahoo. It is almost impossible to predict on day to day basis who makes your lineup. Leveraging stat tracker fr the purpose of overall standings might be a setup for failure. I would suggest using it for player stats only. Also if you want a different tool to track your team players (as well as others managers players) you can register at www.stattaxi.com
You can copy your (or anybody else's roster) directly from yahoo and paste it into the stattaxi tool. You can also check which stats to track and how to assign points to each stat. This tool is free and as robust as yahoo stat tracker. But you can't really beat FREE, can you?

Odecca99
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 08:28:40 PM »

Checking on 3 different sites to see what your team is doing is nuts.  People complained last year about sportsline and maintaining daily line changes, where here you have no changes to make but not accurate info.  This just makes it seem like where playing in a Flinstones era. 
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

I could suggest using only papa bear site. Forget yahoo and you will be fine :-) But i do understand that people get used to big boys sites (like yahoo and cbs). However these sites can not handle the brand of fantasy sport we are playing here. If you remember CBS and Yahoo do not optimize your roster, you play you players as active or bench and if you screwed up you do not get points, if you forgot to set the line up - you do not get points. So these sites do require a bit of maintenance from you. Our site lets you relax and enjoy the ride. All we ask from you is to login daily and check the standings in PapaBear, CopaDeMundo and Roto. What other site gives you these variety of fantasy sport leagues.

Besides stat tracker what do you use yahoo for? we do not play by their rules, we do not use their player base, they do not have salary values.
CDM is our official site for player base and stats. Papa Bear site is our official site for standings. The reason we update stats daily, is that CDM has updates daily.

Please let me know what else you would like to see on our site to make your life easier. we are always open for constructive criticism. We would love to make our site the only site you use for the league if it is possible and helps all managers.
We do realize that we do not have live stats (like stat tracker), however please understand that nobody, and I repeat nobody has a live stat tool that would take into account our rules with roster optimization. So to make it easier on your wallets we have suggested leveraging stattaxi site. Yes they are very rudimentary comparing to the great stat tracker by yahoo, but they do give you the same stats and they do it for free.
Please help us to help you to enjoy your experience playing with us by being constructive with your criticism and suggestions.
Tell us the things you would like to see on the site: Maybe something like Yesterday points for each player on your team or anything esle you can come up with. do you want to see analytical break down with your team and player performance? Predictive analysis on your team, etc ...
There are no stupid requests (excepts the ones you do not make), brainstorm as much as you want, we would like to hear from you. Keep you suggestions coming. We highly value your opinion.

Thanx
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:43 AM »

Lenny you talk too much, u knew our style when u signed up...stop complaining
Odecca99
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »

Igor, to make things clear I signed up to your style but not the way you want to follow the scores.  While we where drafting you said that yahoo would be more or less correct, if everyone puts in the starting lineup.  You even called me to change my lineup.  some teams have 2 open slots which would make it impossible for yahoo to track.  The scores I could have checked on yahoo without the stat tracker.  It will be funny to see a team a few pts out of the running, wait till next day to see what points they have and what position there in. The way it is makes no sence, we went from real time to next day.
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »

Lenny unfortunately as Marat said i cant set peoples line ups for them, its their own responsibility, i know mine is good...everyone else should kepp theirs up to date...on the positive side once the line ups lock at the deadline, the stattracker will be accurate, sorry cant help with the rest, make sure that your line up is good and hope that others will do the same
FANKY91
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 03:53:24 AM »

TRADE--- LENNY GETS- KOVALCHUCK, DUBINSKY, RYDER, BREWER
FANKY GETS- JOIKINEN, STAAL, BERTUZZI, RIVET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: