My Community
May 20, 2024, 10:19:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hcokey stuff.  (Read 882 times)
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:09:17 AM »

Guys, not sure if you saw it, but if you did not chek this out.
Hitler reaction to Danny Heatley exercising his no trade clause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnE_cBLPYJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnE_cBLPYJI

And on the day that Super Joe Sakic hangs up his skates, I just want to solute him for being a true fantasy hockey hall of famer .
with 6 100+ points seasons and another 11 of 87+, I must say this guys was a Super Fantasy Player.
It shames me to admit it, but I think I never owned him in any of my fantasy hockey teams. Go figure.

In another news today, Ranges signing of Ales Kotalik for 3mil a year and 3 years. I trully do not know what think of this one. On one side: he can provide secondary scoring. He has howitzer of a shot from the point, so this should help on PP. Where would he play? Drury (as he did in Buffalo) or on the third line? Where does it leave Grachev?
And how will the new band-aid Rangers boys will sustain the elbows of C. Pronger for years to come. Should be fun to watch. Help me out here. What are your thoughts on this?

And Nitty to Tampa Bay, does it mean Mike Smith is not ready with his post concussion syndrom? Damn it. I was looking forward to have him as a sleeper.

Also interesting stats on Rangers and the whole Zherdev situation. So the punk thinks he is worth more than 3MIL. He actually wants more like 4.5MIL. common. But to lose him for nothing would be bad as well. He is still young and talented. And you can not teach talent. Yes he was soft on the puck, but so were a lot of the Rangers. Look below.

Rank   Player   Pos   Team   Total Giveways
1   ZHERDEV, NIKOLAI   R   NYR   44
2   GOMEZ, SCOTT   C   NYR   41
3   REDDEN, WADE   D   NYR   40
4   ROZSIVAL, MICHAL   D   NYR   32
5   STAAL, MARC   D   NYR   31
5   DRURY, CHRIS   C   NYR   31
6   KALININ, DMITRI   D   NYR   30
7   NASLUND, MARKUS   L   NYR   25
8   DUBINSKY, BRANDON   C   NYR   24
9   DAWES, NIGEL   L   NYR   17
10   MARA, PAUL   D   NYR   13
10   SJOSTROM, FREDRIK   R   NYR   13
11   VOROS, AARON   L   NYR   11
11   ANTROPOV, NIKOLAI   C   NYR   11
12   CALLAHAN, RYAN   R   NYR   9
13   GIRARDI, DANIEL   D   NYR   8
14   BETTS, BLAIR   C   NYR   7
14   AVERY, SEAN   L   NYR   7
14   KORPIKOSKI, LAURI   L   NYR   7
15   ORR, COLTON   R   NYR   6
16   PRUCHA, PETR   C   NYR   5
17   MORRIS, DEREK   D   NYR   4
18   REITZ, ERIK   D   NYR   3
18   FRITSCHE, DAN   C   NYR   3
19   SAUER, MICHAEL   D   NYR   0
19   ANISIMOV, ARTEM   C   NYR   0
19   RISSMILLER, PATRICK   C   NYR   0
19   POTTER, COREY   D   NYR   0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:26:00 AM by goon » Logged
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »

Guys,
some information to consider about upcoming PAPABEAR Fantasy Hockey season.
As Igor've mentioned in his post we are considering moving to a partial keeper league starting this year.
On the high level here are proposed keeper rules:

1. You can only keep 5 players per year.
2. 4 of these keepers can be players you drafted in any round, obtained via trade or via Free Agency. Out of this 4 players only one can be a goaltender.
3. The 5th (branded DIR- diamond in the Rough) player to keep must be a player you drafted to the bench, obtained from another owner who drafted him to the bench), acquired via Free Agency (not drafted on main roster). This 5th player can only be DIR for one year. If you decide to keep him for another year, one of your other 4 keepers would need to be let go. This DIR player can be of any position.
4. At any time your 5 keepers may only contain one goalie.
5. You can only keep your keeper players for 3 years. (DIRs for 4 years). After the expiration of keeper contract you are to let him go to FA or trade him prior to the end of his contract.

I am sure you have a lot of questions. Please ask. Thanks
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »

Dont all jump at once responding...here is the thing unless we hear from you soon and come up with some sort of decision and consensus...we will be forced to cancel the upcoming hockey season due to lack of participation and unwillingness to cooperate, also lack of participants.  So i will make it simple:

Are u in or out? No matter what the rules...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: