My Community
May 20, 2024, 10:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EVRYONE  (Read 1142 times)
lstwins88
Rookie

View Profile Email
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »

WHY IS THE WAIVERS TAKING SO LONG 6 DAYS THIS IS CRAZY EVERYONE GET THERE SHIT TOGETHER !!!!
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:49 AM »

Well, It seems we are finally nearing the end of our first free agency frenzy. Once Max decides what to do with his pick we are done and on to the next month of Papa Bear Fantasy Hockey.

Couple of things to note as far as our league. You mat have noticed that we have revamped a look and feel a bit.
1. All of the teams now have their logos displayed on the site banner and their individual team's pages.
2. Probably even more important. Our Official Papa Bear Fantasy Hockey Logo have been released for your enjoyment.
3. No matter what page you are on, if you click on the Papa Bear Logo at the top left corner of the page it will bring you back to our home page. (and that includes our forum page , which I urge you to use as much as you want and express yourself)
4. You should also see your fantasy player's daily point gain/loss when you browse your team's page either by clicking on your team name or by using "papabear weekly link" on the menu. As well as draft round and pick are displayed for you to keep in mind during trade analysis.

Our first waiver wire week was fun. It started with a mutually beneficial  garbage trade between Vito and Lou. Sending players of useless importance each way, it allowed these managers to pickup best players available on the waiver wire, thus positioning both teams to gain points and move up in the standings. Russian Penguins grabbed a future star in James Neal, leaving a come back player of the year in Dustin Penner for Broadway Stars to drool over. This little trade sent a shock wave through the league and set a precedent for many managers to follow. It was rumored that GMs of HK Tsunami, Desna and Brooklyn RuffRyders were working the phones to accomplish some similar feats. RuffRyders were able to pick up a solid player on Rene Bourque and are set to make some waves in our weekly competition.  In that span of activity somebody woke up GM of Transformers, which led them to multiple trades and an amazing TRANSFORMATION from middle of the pack to the top of the standings. Transformers obtained Keith Tkachuk from Tsunami for a "steady Eddie" defenseman in Ron Hainsey and a good (but yet injured) Center in Valteri Filppula. Than they turned around and swapped picks with DX in this and next waiver. Thus obtaining 2 picks in this waiver and making it count with Handzus and Samuelson pick ups. XK Sokil stuck to his believes and picked a player that could be a steal as the DIR keeper and a solid keeper for many years to come. JVR is at least next Ron Francis (so prepare yourself for assists galore). Icemen backed up their starter in Price with them man outplaying his this year in Halak. Both will prove worthy in my opinion. DegenrationX shrewdly decided to pass on this waiver period and obtained an extra pick for the next one. And The reining PapaBear Champs , Staten Island Yetis, who have stumbled out of the gate and are having a terrible cup hangover it seems, made a minor for this year add in Evander Kane, but hope to have another keeper material in him that might help them down the stretch if not to repeat to at least return to respectability.

Our Head To Head Copa Del Mundo saw one of the unbeaten teams (Transformers) taken down by DX in week 4 and another (Tsunami) fighting to stay unbeaten in week 5 vs Transformers.

Hope you are enjoying your season in Papa Bear this year.
This was PBFHL media division with its always inflammatory release of another installment of "In The Crease" newsletter.

I would like all teams to post their Captain and 2 assistant captains for their team. I think it will add some spice into the league, especially during trade talks. Would love to see who will send their soul of the team out in trade first. I will update the site with this info once I get it from you.

Please post it here in the forum or send me an email to si_goon@yahoo.com

I also would like to propose a weekly 3 PBFHL stars of the week column, where I hope one or all of our commishes will select 3 players (from any of our teams) that in their opinion have been the best PBFHL player in a particular week.

Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »

Thank you Goon for that summary, always entertaining.  To sum it up Max selected N.Bergfors and dropped V.Stahlberg.  I would like to initiate the naming of Captains and Assistant captains:  (C) D.Phaneuf, (A) R.Getzlaf and I.Kovalchuk
IlyaNathan
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »

(c)  N. LIDSTROM   (A)  M. BRODUER AND R. NASH   
felixk
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »

Captain and Assistant Captain for my team:

(C) S.Crosby
(A) V.Lecavalier