My Community
May 20, 2024, 12:43:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vancouver Winter Olympics  (Read 734 times)
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »

Winter Olympics came and gone. But what an amazing tourney it turned out to be. The brand of hockey we have witnessed was unreal, almost dreamlike.
The level of play was at its pick. 2 games between Canada and USA were an amazing thing to watch. First game was unbelievable and more unbelievable was that in the second game US played better and did not win. Slovakia has turned the ice hockey world upside down and probably was the best team that did not place.
I would like to congratulate PapaBear Olympics Pool Winner - NY Gladiators in edging Goons for the top spot on the last day of the tournament. Goons placed all their bets into team USA hands and just fell short, just as team USA did. But as Ron Wilson put it: sometimes the best team, does not win the gold. Russ takes 3rd place. I would like to thank all of you who participated and made it even more interesting to follow Olympic Hockey.

USA was a very young team and wasn't really expecting to do much in these games. They played their hearts out.
Team Canada did accomplish something that no team in my opinion could have. They won 4 games in 6 nights in the elimination portion of the games. Wow. Just Amazing. And once again I can see why majority of us (Dima excluding) hate Crosby. He put a dagger in my heart and twisted it with all his might.

I found it pretty weird to route for guys I usually do not.
I do not think I remember last time glowing that much as I did when Zach Parise tied the game. What a special player he is. (and to think rangers passed on him) All my hate for Brian Rafalski was evaporating as games progressed.

All of us owe Ryan Miller a beer if you ever see him sometime please take off your hat. We bet it all on him. He spilled his heart for his country. I have never seen a more disappointed face than when Sidney Crosby beat him for the game winner. (once again, you ask why we hate Crosby)

We should be proud of our team regardless. They played their hearts out and came up just short. What a job Brian Burke did. Superb.
I am disappointed in the result, but we must move forward.

And now please concentrate on our PapaBear hockey trading deadline and start prepping for baseball.
dinamok77
Bench Warmer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »

dont be hating on sid crosby. i didnt want team USA to win. hey i didnt want team canada to win either.
my russian team sucked big time. i cant believe i rooted against crosby in that russian game. it was very wierd tell u that much. it just show how special crosby is. got to love the guy.

lets go pens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: