My Community
May 20, 2024, 12:43:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL  (Read 1732 times)
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
NHL
« on: June 14, 2008, 02:05:15 AM »

Is NHL still an old boys club?
how the hell did Marty Brodeur won another Vezina? OK, i did not expect Henrik to win, but Nabby should have been the one.
well at least Datsyuk and Ovechkin dominated as expected.
And i am really glad NHL had balls and picked Bruce Boudreau over Guy Carbonneau.
dinamok77
Bench Warmer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:23:13 AM »

R. BRAUN IS ON THE BLOCK
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »

Interesting Facts about upcoming NHL Entry Draft.
With this year's draft labeled very deep (meaning there are a lot of good prospects deep in the draft), teams that stock piled picks this year are in good shape for their future. Players picked this year will set some teams for another 10 years going forward. So this is a good year to have picks.
So lets take a looksie who is set this year and who is sucking wind and will be waiting (if they do not trade for picks)

You average team will pick 7 times in the draft (once every round). However we do have some teams this years that will be picking a lot more and some that will be watching other teams pick.
OK out of 30 teams it seems there are 14 teams that will make from 6 to 8 picks (which is around normal 7) (by the way Rangers is one of them with 6)
There are 6 teams that will pick 9 and 10 times.
And There are 9 teams that pick 5 and less times.
If you did good in elementary school , you are probably yelling "Marat that makes only 29 teams. where is another one, we have 30 in NHL"
And you would be right. One team is special this year. Not only that team is build for the future now and will be a much better team next year with all their young prospect maturing this year, this team has 15 picks in this year's draft. And that team is L.A Kings.

Lets start with them. Los Angeles Kings.
total of 15 picks in 7 round draft. So they will be picking twice as much as a regular team. And with this year deep draft, this means prospects and money down the road. They are in great shape. where do they pick. They have 8 picks in the first 3 rounds. This is robbery. Plus they pick 2nd and 28th in the first.
They can go for one of the 2 top rated Ds and be set for years with Johnson and whoever they pick at D. Or they can go Filatov or trade down getting a lot for that pick. Lots of options. I will be watching LA this year to see what they do. They are one of the teams that controls the draft. (plus they have drafted very well before as well, their draft track record is almost perfect)

Note that are 5 teams at the draft that pick twice in the first round. So some of them do have later picks as well, and some better make sure these 2 first round picks count.

Any feedback, guys?
to view the table of picks and teams. Login to forum and click on this message. Have fun.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:12:24 PM by goon » Logged
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 04:34:29 AM »

Free Agency is upon us and with the Rangers letting everybody test FA waters it seems the team might have to build via home grown talent, trades and other FAs.

What i hope the rangers would not do:
1. Offer Hossa 7 years 7 MIL / year package. Can not have that much money tied up for so long in 3 players (Gomez, Drury, Hossa)
2. Do not pay a lot for Brian Campbell.
3. do not sigh Jagr for more than 1 year and especially give Straka more than one as well.

What I hope they do:
1. Sign Avery
2. Offer Jagr 1 year deal only
3. Trade for Cory Murphy. With Boynton and Ballard in Florida (thanx to Jokinen trade) Murphy will ride the pine. So Rangers should explore the possibility.
4. If there is anyway See what it would take tolure Mike Green away from Caps.
5. Wouldn;t mind to see Mark Streit or Ron Hainsey in the Rangers uniform as well.

How about you?
dinamok77
Bench Warmer

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:26:12 AM »

i hope rangers will bring back same roster. it look good to me. i hope that they will give more playing time to players like ryan holweg,and marek malik
robik21
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:27:43 PM »

If you were serious about M.Malik you should be shot. 

1. Bring back Jagr
2. Get a # 1 Defenseman (Cambell, Redden, Liles, etc.)
3. Forget about Sundin and Hossa
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »

Robby he wasnt serious about, u are forgeting he's a Shittsburg fan, hence he says it. 

1. Bring Avery back
2. Bring Jagr at the right price
3. Bring a good puck moving D-man, i like C.Murphy idea...but i'll settle for Redden
dinamok77
Bench Warmer

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:22:36 AM »

YEA I FORGUT ABOUT THE CLOWN BRING HIM BACK. I NEED SOMEONE TO LOUGH AT
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09:58 PM »

Guys, do you think Tampa will be aggressive on the FA market.

1. New ownership that ready to spend
2. Reunited Marty, Vinny, Prospal (MVP) line
3. Want to surround second line center (Stamkos) with quality wingers.

I think they will sign one of the top FA wingers and another that is border line star player.

PS: would not be surprised if they make a pass at 2 of Jagr, Hossa, Avery
They can not leave Stamkos hanging.
goon
Administrator
Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »

Jagr is gone. Signs with Omsk.
Avery a huge loss for the Rangers imo.
Reden is ridiculous signing at 6.5 mil for 6 years. I hope i am wrong, but the last 2 years he has not been a top pair D and i am not sure that he will bounce back. This one could come back and bite the Rangers big time.
Rozsival at 5 mil for 4 years is way too much as well. (years and $)
I would rather gave Avery 4 mil for 4 years and would take a chance with Ds from AHL

Great signings/trades:
Love Zherdev trade. High Risk , High reward. If it does not pan out, did not lose much in Tyutin.
Good signing of Voros
Kalinin is OK.
Naslund as long as it is only 2 years, i say whatever. Just might work.

Hate the redden signing. really do. for 2 yars would be good. 6 is just idiotic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: