My Community
May 20, 2024, 02:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Cup  (Read 809 times)
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »

I know we are in the midst of the baseball season, howver it would be just wrong not to acknowledge the tremdouse job the Boston Bruins did to earn what most consider the most difficult trophy to win in all the sports. We all knew Bryins were a good team prior to the season, but not many of us trully beleived that they were favourites to win it all. And as atested by our own draft who would have thought Tim Thomas would emerge not only as their starting goaltender, but vezina finalist, stanley cup champion and playoff mvp.Most of us belived that Canucks were a better team prior to the final. And they were on paper.Be it the lack of leadership, poor play of their offense, overworked defense, injuries or jekyl and hyde play of Luongo, it just seemed that the Bruins worked harder and wanted it more. The finger pointing for the loss could be rotated in all directions for Vancouver, so is the praise for Boston. The better playing and more deserving team won and that is trully great. Caught myself changing aliances during the final and subconciously starting to root for Boston after game 1. Funny how the minf of hockey fan works.
What are your thoughts on the final and do you think vancouver has to overeact to some of their coming up short reasons. Though I personally think it is Boston that won the cup and not Canucks that lost it.

Cheers mates
goon
Administrator
Starter

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »

a nice NHL Playoff Lookback:

http://www.youtube.com/v/d7IFyzluY-g&hl=en&fs=1

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:15:58 PM by goon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print