My Community
May 20, 2024, 06:12:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: response to papa bear's please for respect  (Read 838 times)
bernbaby51
Rookie

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:16:53 AM »

Dear Esteemed managers of this wonderful papa bear league, (i can't believe I'm actually wasting my time doing this but i think it needs to be done) (FOR those who don't me I'll make it as funny as I can, but I'm sure papa bear himself will not find any of this funny, lock me out of the league and will tell me to SUCK IT)

Since Papa bear can't keep laundry in house and needs to share with the whole papa bear community (Jeff Pasan of Yahoo, Peter Gammons of MLB, Ken Berger of CBS, and Joel Sherman of NYPOST report that someone saw the commissioner curse out the SOMEONE), although the source asked not to be identified for he's worried he'll get reprimanded) that "SOMEONE" is ALWAYS trying to bend rules, I feel that "SOMEONE" should respond. (i just want to clear something up before i continue, that i am not making this personal, whatever happened is just a FANTASY frustration and everything is kosher between the "SOMEONE and papa bear" (unless he feels otherwise) and anything I say will NOT count against me in the court of papa bear (I am putting some sarcasm here).  But the fact that commissioner has to resort to posting stuff on the board is childish, what are we in 1st grade? Teacher, he hit me first, oh but teacher, he keeps taking my players, oh teacher, he keeps trading with someone else, he took my lunchbox, oh teacher, but he didn't put his pencil down when you said pencils down and therefore you shouldn't count his answers...but knowing Papa Bear, I will be a man and apologize for making papa's life difficult...

For starters, that someone is me, so I'll man up and admit that I'm the guy who "doesn't respect the league" (that takes balls to actually say so commish, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!).  I'll also admit that I always challenge the papa bear commission because to me fantasy is all about fun, all about getting away from daily problems at work, at home, and it gives us 12 MEN a chance to get away from all the daily B/S and actually enjoy what we love (besides our wives, g/f, kids, dogs/cats/fish/hamsters), which is play fantasy.  I think we all have the right to "challenge" papa bear because as a paying customer, we have the right to ASK questions, which is NOT to disrespect the communism that we are in that's called papa bear, but the democratic country our parents brought us too, which isn't to say we are NOT ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING BUT DRAFT, pick up players ONLY when it's our turn (while we do get 24 hours to decide, papabear will call once or twice to make sure you still remember that you have 15hrs, 10 mins, 43 seconds to choose, but you don't need to give me a pick right now, just following up), HOPE that CDM adds a player in time, that it gets added to fantrax, and then it gets to papabear in time for your turn!!! if you miss the boat, it's ok, there's always next month, you just have to pray you are either in the bottom of the pile to get him, or the WW order is in your favor...but it's funny that i'm the only 1 to actually speak up, so i guess papa doesn't like when someone asks.  Yes, I'm always looking for loopholes (I'm an accountant after all so that's my job).  I'm sure papa bear is fuming as he's reading this, but i'm actually laughing

I would like to also apologize to PAPA BEAR himself b/c I did indeed text him yesterday at 7:17 to find out if he got the deal in before the deadline, and I screwed up his anniversary dinner (who knew that after 20 years, couples still go out to dinner, boy how does she put up with you for so long  Grin ), so I'm sorry for that.  But dude, someone is 15 minutes late because they're at work or on the train or they had a framework of the trade and just working out the last of it (it's a moot point b/c the other manager didn't even respond he didn't want the trade) that's NOT the end of the world, trades sometimes in REAL LIFE get announced an hour or 2 or 3 after the deadline b/c the COMMISSIONER OFFICE HAS TO REVIEW IT (WHICH IS YOU!!!).  If you can't deal with the heat from managers, or you have no time, or you have no patience, let someone else do it, but don't play victim that you have to deal with this, part of being commissioner!!! so no, it's NOT that big deal of a deal hence i asked you if you got the trade in on time...I would like to clear something up so it doesn't happen to others.  I for once, would NEVER EVER disrespect the league, or it's rules, I think I help in any way I can by either running the update when I had ability or uploading stuff, as being a commissioner of more than 1 league myself, i know what it's like to have 12 grown men bitch and moan and complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING (at least here, we have "minority" rules) but there, i sit back and i take it b/c i understand how hard it is to please 11 other managers, that this category doesn't make sense, or that this stat is stupid, why this trading deadline, blah blah blah, part of being a commissioner my friend.  Not once do I respond back with idi na 3 bukvi because that's disrespectful but we're men so we should be able to take it (that's papa's bear rules, i curse you out b/c you ALWAYS piss me off)...I would also like to point out that every trade has 2 managers involved, so the other manager (who's not really a manager but merely a helper for this year) told me to deal with this, washed his hands, so when i got a chance to text (since it was around 6:58) and i was at work and didn't text until 7:17 merely asking if he would accept the deal, i got a polite response...why should i be pushing the trade if i'm going NOWHERE this year, does it really matter to me?  but again, it's MY Fault!!! I'm the only 1 that actually causes these problems, I'm just curious what the other party of the trade has to say since I'm the only 1 making these trades???  Also as far as "rules changes go", how come after the fact we learn that there's potentially lower # of keepers for next year?  why wasn't this brought up?  Why not bring up the fact that there's discussion about possibly having Holds as a category for next year and there's a possibility of having only 1RP being kept?  that's fine b/c these rules changes are NOT done during the year, hence they're being discussed, but wouldn't that influence someone if they know this before the season ends?  Last year, there was a poll (can't remember what it's for) and yet somehow that poll was swung in a way that if it's 6-5, with 1 more vote to go, 6 would win?  Papa Bear, we all LOVE you and enjoy this league but don't play a victim and expect people to sit quiet...you have a way to manipulate, for which i give you credit when it comes to making deals, but don't do that as a commish!!!

so dear papa community, I'm sorry i wasted 8 minutes and 12 seconds of your time to read my APOLOGY to the papa bear (like i said, i am NOT making this personal, this is strictly fantasy, and Igor, i do respect you as a person) but i hope that this is something that papa bear will work on so you're not next to get on his hot hand...b/c deep down to papa bear, I became the Fanky of the league...

I don't need no apologies, don't need pitty, but i think this was needed as to set the record straight that if papa himself thinks I'm disrespecting rules or the league or bend rules, or trying to circumvent the 20th century pen and paper league ( Grin) as much as it will hurt me, I'm more than happy to announce my resignation from the league...so papa gosha, please forgive your sobaka...and man up and grow a pair of @@ not to rip someone with the F bomb, listen to people, we are not here to make your life difficult, we are here to have fun, this is OUR FUN AND YOU'RE TAKING IT AWAY...

p.s. I'm curious what other managers have to say so let's open it up to questions!!!

1st question is from Jeff Pasan, Yahoo sports...so my source is correct?  that you did indeed have a cursing match? --> next questions
i'm Ken Berger, i have no sources, i read yahoo article that said it so i also used the source, did you ever intend on making that trade at 7:17 or you were an @$$ to make Papa Bear life difficult? F YOU!!! Stop cheating and creating problems, you're plagiarizing someone else source
Joel Sherman, don't even ask your question, go ask Larry Brooks to give you something to write about hockey as you can't dig anything up on A-Roid and thus have nothing to write about!!!
good night and good luck to you folks!!!
nate
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:25 AM »

This is Ilya...I forgot my pass so I'm posting on my bro's Cheesy...Holy shit that was a long read...first of congratz to Papab on 20 years...I wasn't aware =/...And out of all that I thought about it and based on myself it would be nice if the deadline wasn't 7 pm but either midnight the trade deadline day or 12 noon the next day. I myself, have school and a job and for a good chunk of the day where I can't sit doing fantasy stuff ( thankfully I got a smart phone now and not my brick that I used to so I do have access to the internet outside of home). This year I got lucky and had the second part of the day off to sit and think of trades and research on the spot. Years prior I'm stuck at work until 8 with no internet and what then? I can't do trades out of my head or do everything via txt.

Make the deadline at a time where EVERYONE is home from work and not at work/on way home/ just got home and gota say hi to wife and kids and not jump on the pc right away. A deadline is important yes but it shouldn't be at a comfortable time.

Make it midnight deadline day or noon next day? opinions?
icerange31
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:04:50 AM »

i  think we should all get together and establish rules for papa bear that everyone agrees to will make everything so much easier. all it takes is one night hope everyone could make it comish tell me what you think about my proposition
felixk
Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »

Guys, I'm playing this league long time ( since 2001 I think ).
I agree with u guys about rules 2 be changed more often than in previous years,  and I'm not happy about it too.
I understand that Igor and the rest of commissioners are trying 2 make it more interesting, more entertaining, more pricy, better overall, but I agree that we need 2 get together 2 talk it over, and make out clear about everything...
About deadline time: I really don't care about it cuz I'm working mostly nights and have different schedule and life than most of u guys, as long as its not in am when I'm sleeping ( and people who ever worked in hospital knows how difficult pick up the phone - even if its smart phone and call, sometimes u can't even text!!! )
But, we all make the sacrifices, all or some have wives, kids, g/ friends, dogs, cats, fishes, etc
P.S., I don't wanna make it 2 long but referring 2 Boris complete and strong explanation of our league rules and policies, Boris I agree and disagree w/ u...
As far as the rules, and time and exceptions, Igor doesn't do breaks 2 anybody ( relatives- im his brother in law, friends, wives, kids, etc...
And, I'm 100 % for it cuz if he's gonna bend the rules 4 me today, somebody else gonna ask him 2 do the same tommotow!!!
Fresh example: when I did the most recent trade w/ Robert, I asked Igor if I can have M. Bourn, Butler, instead of Saunders and Pena, and he said No...... Cuz I was getting 104 pts instead of 100
I was upset, but than understood that if he'll do it 4 me, he has 2 do for u and others!!!
I hope u understand my point and don't get upset, and frustrated @ me or the league!
We all love you and hope 2 see u next year!!!
         Sincerely, aka "Doctor"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: