My Community
April 26, 2024, 11:27:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball 2014 Recap  (Read 669 times)
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:53:22 AM »

The time has come to recap our year and distribute the winnings.  This year one of our esteemed managers has asked to recap our baseball year; Ilya was so kind as to write our year in review:

Talk about a photo finish, and we thought Lou's and Irvin's battle for first in hockey last year was close. The battle for top 3, for 9th and for 11th came down to the last 2 days. I'm not a papabear historian, but that has to be the closest battle in the history of the league. The season was filled with crazy trades and lack of trades in some cases. Waivers played a huge importance to everyone's team and against proved the point that making the right pickup is crucial, as is not being afraid to use those 5 bucks on someone who you might need or might be a stud keeper (I.e. Degromm or the various reliever and starter plug ins throughout the year)
Before I begin the team by team analysis there are congratulations to be given out.

Firstly, congrats to Igor for winning the league for the first time since 2005 and finally overcoming Robby. Also on winning copa de mundo.
Also myself for finishing in the money for the first time, and Robby for making the money for a fourth straight year.

Second. Congrats to donkey, who stayed out of the bottoms 3, I guess the trade paid off.( more on that later)

And lastly, congrats to max. Somehow you climbed out of the bottom, or Felix just dropped into it.

Playoffs : Igor takes it down on the back of Bumrush, who alone had more points that Russ’ team. Max congratulations on second, not sure if it covers the penalty for bottoms three and Robert as well, won some money but not enough to cover penalty for sure.

The team by team beat down.

1. Igor - talk about a one trick pony.  Your closers carried you big time, even Britton who was listed as a starter. You did good with Dickerson and Carter, both out of the blue, and cheap. King Felix and Bumrush performed like the aces that they are. You edged it out the last few days, again those closers. That Donkey trade and the argued spot didn't even matter as you picked up Blanco so all that ruckus was for nothing.

2. Me - had great keepers to start the season and it paid off. The two trades I did played out well even if Napoli and Fransisco didn't perform as expected and I had to give up Mad Max, Murphy and Melancon. Kemp was an animal down the stretch and Clippard chipped in well also. Edged out Robby on the last day, thank you Buster Posey and Brandon Crawford, as they gave the points I needed in the last game of that Sunday. Trout, Cruz and Martinez carried me where my starters failed, big time.

3. Robby - that last day bit you. Came down to the wire and injuries didn’t help, nor did the lack of starters the last few days. Gomes was a cheap beast for you, and Colhoun (not sure what Boris was talking about in the chat about him lol) Hughes and Allan paid off big time, as did the trade for Pujols.
4. Irvin – You came close but dropped off at the end. Bunch of injuries that made an impact, none bigger than Goldschmidt. You pulled off so many trades that I can’t even analyze it, all I know is that we are making the BI rule ( Boris Irvin) for max players that can be traded lol.
5. Marat – You got caught in no man’s land, neither a seller nor a buyer. In the end you didn’t make any moves and got stuck in the middle of the pack going nowhere fast. Great pick on Abreu and Upton, Harrison was a cheap beast for you. You have solid keepers for next year with Altuve, Rizzo, Frazier, Rosenthal and whoever you get for Stanton.
6. Boris – The other half of the BI rule. You made so many trades with so many moving parts, no wonder you are an accountant. No one really splashed on your team except K-rod. You have a solid choice of keepers for next year also so you’re on solid shape.
7. Russ – You were near the top for the first two months and then just dropped off. Cueto and Kluber were beasts for you. Not too much on the keeper front, but always could buy in the off season.
8. Donkey – You stayed out of the bottom 3! Igor’s boys from last year, Lucroy and Mccutch picked up the slack big time for you. You have some expiring studs to move in the offseason.
9. Robert – Year two wasn’t much better than year one for you. Not much on the trade front either. You have three expiring studs that have to be moved and solid ones still left in Adams, Gomez, Puig, Darvish and Holland.
10. Max – You climbed out of last place when it looked near impossible. You also made trades which was nice to see. You have suspect keepers from the previous years so not sure what your team looks like for next year.
11. Felix – Oh man doc, your team slid and slid and dropped to the bottoms. You made a ton of trades also, many moving parts. In the end you stock piled your team with keepers that are even too much for you. Whoever needs keepers should have you on speed dial.
So a good season overall, good to see the action on the trade market from most people. Stay reachable during trade time people, very important. Looking forward to playing again next year and all the offseason moves to come.

Ilya great job on the manifesto; I to would like to congratulate you (first top 3 finish) and Robby(consistency).  You cant really congratulate the people on the bottom but hats of to Max and Donkey (for setting the goal and making it) Nice to be back on top, hopefully can remain there Wink BTW lets not forget the elephant in the room; this season as usual we had some issues maybe even not so pleasant but im glad to report that everyone is safe and alive and no bridges have been burnt (well almost) Not sure if Donkey/Irvin conflict has been put aside, but at the end of the day...lets call this ala J. Springer if anyone still watches that crap (i dont but the schwartzes at my work always do...they love that crap);

Igors final thought: At the end of the day this is in the words of Fridkin "just fantasy" so lets not forget that.  I know that in the heat of the moment everyone's competition nature sometimes takes over but lets try and keep it as friendly as possible we all a human after all.  There are 11 of us and that possibly means 11 opinions but i can truly say (and i really hope this is true and my beliefs in that wont be dissapointed) no one here tries to cheat to win and hopefully every single one of you wants to win every year, but just like in life some people are just better at certain things that doesnt mean that someone else is stupid just maybe less knowledgeable in the matter.  So lets all try to be nice to one another no matter we agree or disagree on their actions.

Here is the money breakdown:

1. Pirates win $825(1st place winner) + $45(Copa de mundo winner) + $110(Playoffs 1st place) + $25(5 weeks won) + $20(2 months won) - $25(mid month waivers) = Grand Total $ 1000
2. Sounders win $500(2nd place winner) + $10(2 weeks won) - $20(mid month waivers) - $150(League fee) = Total winnings $340
3. Brigade wins $325(3rd place winner) + $35(7 weeks won) + $20(2 months won) + $55(I owe you from last years playoff hockey) - $15(mid month waivers) - $150(League fee) - $200(Fantasy Hockey 2014) =  Total Winnings $70
4. Diamond Cutters wins $15 (3 weeks won) - $25 (mid month waivers) ...you have paid for the league so you owe $10 plus current hockey season
5. Maccabees win $ Zero (wow not a week or a month and nada from playoffs) - $25 (mid month waivers) ...your league fee is paid as well so = You owe $25 plus current hockey fee
6. Monsters win $15 (3 weeks won) + $5( I owe you from last year) - $20 (mid month waivers) - $150 (League fee) and $200 (current hockey season) = You owe $350
7. Bulls win same as Maccabees but $20( I owe you from last years hockey) - $20(mid month waivers) - $150(League fee) - $200(Current hockey season) = You owe $350
8. Snake eyes win $5 (1 week won) + $10 (1 month won) - $20 (mid month waivers) - $150 (League fee) = You owe $145
9. Ringers win $10 (2 weeks won) + $10 (1 month won) + $45 (3rd place Playoffs) - $50 (9th place finish) -$150 (League fee) = You owe me $135
10. Bombers win $10 (2 weeks won) + $65 (2nd place Playoffs) - $15 (mid month waivers) - $75 (10th place finish) - $150 (League fee) - $200 (Current hockey season) = You owe $365
11. Sailors win nothing as well but -$25 (mid month waivers) - $100 (Last place finish)... (Looks like you paid baseball as well) - $200 (current hockey season) = You owe $325

Everyone i know i always ask this but for some odd reason no one finds it imminent to pay up.  Please guys i shouldnt be looking for you, you should be contacting me the winners should be paid in a timely fashion. Thanks for your understanding...great season everyone, better luck next year! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: