My Community
April 26, 2024, 08:36:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014/2015 Fantasy Hockey Recap  (Read 1485 times)
Igorz88
All Star

View Profile Email
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:36:10 AM »

Oh boy seems like a century ago our (for the most part) beloved NYR have been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs.  We licked our wounds and saw the very team that we lost to get ousted by the Stanley Cup champs Chicago Blackhawks (congrats to them); but this isnt about them or about the Rangers this is about us and our league.  This year (i will steal the phrase) after a very controversial season (on many accounts) our new champion has emerged and for the first time in Papabear history Icemen and congrats to them on this achievement (last year they finished 2nd and this year finally the Holy Grail...Z Cup!!!) We will crown the champ as soon as we meet.  Other things of note: both the 2nd and 3rd place winners are not new to winning in Papabear fantasy hockey as Penguins have been in top 3 since 2011 and Sailors have done so in past 3 of 4 years.  (based on this historical fact and the antics of the owner of the team of late, I'm suggestions we rename his team to Crosbies...as he too has been crying like the forementioned...just to be clear, yes im talking about Sailors not Penguins) Penguins have started their retooling process early and well on their way for another Cup run.  BTW Lou dont get mad about the Crosbies as it was the best I could have come up with to describe the somewhat disappointment that i have from an owner that has finished in the top 3 in last 3 of 4 years ...but enough with that crap.  Lets get down to business;

Our Final standings and $$ Breakdown: (Our entry fees as agreed are $200 plus $10 fees (Fantrax and website maintenance) totaling $210)

1. Icemen (cometh) wins $1250 (1st place winner) + $50 (5 weeks won) + $40 (2 months won) + $55 (DG Cup winner) - $20 (mid-month waivers) - $10 (owed from past baseball season) - $210 (league fees) = Grand Total $1155 (You also owe for current baseball season) **Icemen finished last in 2012 only to make a complete turnaround and win it all 2 years later, they were also able to maintain the pace of trading this year to preserve the golden throne**

2. Sailors (AKA Crosbies) wins $750 (2nd place winner) + $50 (5 weeks won) + $40 (2nd place Playoffs) - $15 (Mid-month waiver moves) - $210 (League fees) = Total $615 (you too owe for current baseball season)  **Sailors just like Icemen did everything in their power to stay in the top 3, however in the case of Sailors they didnt venture too much of their future to keep this goal, so applause for that**

3. Penguins win $500 (3rd place winner) + $30 (3 weeks won) - $20 (Mid-month waivers) - $210 (League fees) = Total $300  ** Penguins paid heavily to try to win it all, but fell short and possibly wouldnt have been in the top 3 if not for the controversial deadline deal with whom else but the 4th place team's own son**

4. Yetis win $20 (2 weeks won) + $20 (1 month won) + $70 (1st place Playoffs) - $5 (Mid-month waiver) = Total winnings $105 (You paid for both you and Josh $400 in league Fees so i have to subtract another $20 for fees? Correct? If so the winning would be $85 plus the fees that you paid out of pocket $100...and of course you too owe for baseball)  **For side comments look above as that effected you, plus stop leaving the country on trading deadlines...hopefully lesson learned?**

5. Gladiators win $20 (2 weeks won) + $20 (1 month won) - $10 (Mid-month waivers) - $210 (League fees) = You owe $180 plus baseball fees **You desperately tried join the questionable trades circle to maybe try to sneak into the top 3, but still fell short**

6. Brigade wins $20 (2 weeks won) + $20 (1 month won) ...you paid $200 for hockey so you just owe the $10 fees which gives you a total winnings of $30 (and you too owe for baseball)  **Not much splash during the season, but made plenty after the season and made an enemy out of Felix and Co.  for sending your chips to Darth Vader! for g_d forbid dare i use that word....PICKS ONLY!!!**

7. Misfits (AKA Newcomers, AKA projected last place team by the self proclaimed champ...lol) .....hmmmm.... dont win anything so all u owe is $10 League fees
** How dare you trade Crosby to a team not named Penguins? Good job collecting keepers along the way (not necessarily good ones...lol, but still) Enjoy Kucher, not bad for the first year i think...now maintain an upward trend**

8. Sokol wins $30 (3 weeks won) + $20 (1 month won) - $10 (Mid-month waivers) you too paid for hockey so all u owe is $10 League Fees, so i owe you $50-$20 = $30 owed to you...and of course baseball to be paid as well **Not much exciting to report here accept that hockey hasn't been that good to you as you have only finished the top 3 twice in our history, last time in 2007 winning it all.  And you too managed to get Doc. upset by your off season misbehavior...feeding the strong with ammunition**

9. DX wins $20 (2 weeks won) - $5 (Mid month waivers) ...yoohoo I win $15 - League fees **Not much to brag about, but i set my goals: get my daughters favorite player Zuuc and i did and get a solid goalie and I did, in the off season so far i got one of the 2 targeted players...you suck Marat**

10. Chernomorec wins $10 (1 week won) + $30 (3rd place Playoffs) + $40 (I owe you from last years hockey...Payoffs as well) - $210 (League fees) = You owe $130
**Last year you had a chance to cash in top 3 but failed to move some of your keepers to do so, this year you came nowhere close u did get Crawford and Giroux though**

11.  Desna won $10 (1 week won) you paid for hockey so all u owe is $10 League fees which cancels out with your winnings...so all u owe is baseball **By a miracle you managed to avoid the bottom 3 while adding some 2nd tier keepers in the process**

Black Hole:

12. Zookeepers owe $50 (12th place finish) + $5 (Mid month waiver) + $210 (League fees) ...i do however owe you $20 from last years playoffs so in total u owe me $245
**You collected plenty of keepers, but this marks 2nd straight year in the bottom 3 after winning it all in the rookie year, so something has got to give...suggestion: mix it up a little and find more diverse bunch of folks to trade with...best for business**

13. Ice Walkers owe $75 (13th place finish) + $10 (Mid month waivers) League fees are paid by Dad and maintenance fees i posted above, so you owe $85 Total
**Some questionable moves may have cost you and your dad in final standings, i will put that solely on inexperience and will certainly give you the benefit of the doubt, but your team actually took a back step from a year ago...time to step it up**

14. Ruff Ryders owe $100 (Last place finish) + $10 (Mid month waivers) + $210 (League fees) you owe a total of $320
**Your stretch in hockey although not as bad as Russ's hasnt been great either as u haven't seen top 3 since 2010, u did get Nyquist and Kane in the process of finishing last**

This year 4 of 14 teams didnt cash in on a single cash prize: Josh, Ilya, Nate and Vlad

Damn this took a while, please pay up ASAP...good luck next year. 
P.S. Lets set a year end recap date for meeting!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: